Welcome to the resource page for field trips, group visits and teachers!
Elementary teachers in Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas can visit us FREE: Teacher Pass
Group Information Line - 901-458-2678, ext. 232
Read the program specialist's weekly postings: CMOM Blog
View the museum's award winning video: Group Orientation
Justify a Field Trip
"The CMOM Express" School Outreach Programs
School Programs Taught at the Museum
Traveling Learning Labs for Your Classroom
Resources for Current Traveling Exhibit
The Power of Play-Based Education
Home School Programs
MCS Kindergarten Readiness Campaign
Group Visit Basics
1. To make a reservation, call 901-458-2678 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm.
2. Group Rates: $5.50 per child for organized public or private school groups of 10 or more children - no deposit required. Organized groups from churches, daycares, summer camps and scouts pay $6 per child for 10 or more children - no deposit required. Non-organized groups such as family reunions pay $6 per child for 10 or more children - a $100 non-refundable deposit is required for non-organized groups. Families and individuals are NOT eligible for any group rates! Advance reservations are required in order to receive the group rate! School Programs require additional fees. Group prices do NOT include use of the Splash Park opening in May 2013!
3. Adult chaperons are required in a ratio of 1:5 and are admitted free of charge with an advance group reservation. Adults over the 1:5 ratio are $5.50 or $6 each depending on group type. Teachers are counted as chaperons.
4. Museum visits for groups are two hours and are scheduled during the following time slots: 9:30-11:30am, 10:30am-12:30pm, 11:30am-1:30pm, 12:30-2:30pm, 1:30-3:30pm and 2:30-4:30pm. Please arrive 15 minutes early for a brief orientation.
5. If you make a reservation seven days in advance, you will receive a written confirmation including a packet of important information for your group.
6. You are invited to use our grassy front lawn for brown bag lunches (picnic tables are available on a first-come basis). Food and drink may only be consumed in designated areas and outside the museum buildings. The museum has a Kid's Cafe where you can purchase $5 box lunches from Jason's Deli for your group with advance notice. Mention your interest in this when you book your reservations!
7. We are proud to offer a smoke-free environment both inside our buildings and on our grounds. Please inform all adults in your group. Thank you for your cooperation!
8. The museum is accessible to all. So that we may better serve you, let us know if anyone in your group requires extra assistance or accommodations.
9. Special Note: A museum membership cannot be used for group admission! Museum members are part of your group and will be included in your group's attendance count.
SPECIAL NOTE: The Kid's Cafe may NOT be used by individuals or groups for serving birthday cakes, cupcakes, parties or private events for any reason. The museum provides birthday party rooms that may be rented with advance notice by calling our reservations office at 901-458-2678, ext. 221. All special events and birthday parties MUST be booked in advance!
In order to make a reservation, please provide the following information:
1. Date, time slot and any school program for which you are making your reservation.
2. Name and title of group leader.
3. Name, complete address and phone number of the school or group.
4. Number of children and adults in your group.
5. Age(s) and/or grade(s) of children in your group.
6. Any special needs.
To make a group reservation online, you can click on the "Book a Group" link above.
To make your reservation now, for information on groups or to ask specific questions about reservations: Email Reservations or call 901-458-2678, ext. 221
For information on educational programs or curriculum guides, or to ask education related questions: Email Director of Education & Programs or call 901-458-2678, ext. 230