The Children’s Museum of Memphis creates memorable learning experiences through the joy of play in hands-on exhibits and programs.
From the "H2Oh! Splash" park and "Outdoor PlaySpace" to the airplane cockpit and disco room, CMOM offers fun for children ages 1-12. Toddlers can retreat to their own special area in "4 & Under," and parents will enjoy the endless opportunities to help teach and play.
Children play to learn! Adults learn to play again! The place where play IS learning!
Incorporated in 1987, the museum is a private, nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization.
- The intersection of play and hands-on learning
- A positive impact on the community
- A positive family experience
- A complement to classroom education
- Excellent customer service
- Nurturing appropriate partnerships in the community
- Following the best practices of the children’s museums field
- American Alliance of Museums
- Association of Children’s Museums
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Greater Memphis Chamber
- Memphis Tourism
- Momentum Nonprofit Partners
- National Carousel Association
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Tennessee Association of Museums
- Tennessee Department of Tourism
- Metro Memphis Attractions Association