Part-Time Hourly/On-Call, Non Exempt Position: Educational Programming Assistant
The Educational Programming Assistant leads and delivers educational presentations and special programs with school groups who come to The Children’s Museum for field trips. This person is responsible for providing a safe and fun learning environment for each group, ensuring that activities flow smoothly, and managing all program materials effectively. The Educational Programming Assistant collaborates with the Director of Education to implement programs and special event activities. This work can take place in any part of the museum and rental facility.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all groups by greeting teachers, parents, and students who enter the program space, answering questions, and explaining the process for completing the program in a friendly and professional tone.
- Be willing to increase knowledge of play theory, hands-on learning, early learning, child development, and each program’s objectives and components.
- Set up and break down the programs before and after the implementation.
- Maintain a clean program space and keep materials organized.
- Willingness to participate in and clean up after hands-on, productively messy, learning activities.
- Help to maintain a child-safe environment.
- Monitor program supplies and notify the Director of Education when supplies need to be reordered.
- Immediately report any unsafe materials or situations to supervisory staff.
- Act as a member of the emergency evacuation team by directing guests to emergency exits, if the need should arise.
- Follow directions for all museum procedures and safety standards.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working with young children and a love of learning required.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- Outgoing and friendly personality required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language.
- Possess superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible, on-call schedule Monday through Friday from 9-2:30 pm.
- Must be able to stand on feet for at least 4 hour periods at a time.
- Must be attentive to detail.
No phone calls, please. Submit resume here (cliff.drake [at] cmom [dot] com).
Part-Time Position: Membership Sales/Cashier
Seeking highly motivated individual with 1-3 years customer service and/or sales experience. Must have a professional, friendly, patient and enthusiastic manner, cashier/sales experience and ability to multitask. Experience working with children preferred. Schedule includes Saturday and Sunday work shift. No phone calls, please. Submit your resume here (cliff.drake [at] cmom [dot] com).
Submit a Resume
Regardless of job postings, you may submit your resume to our Human Resources office at any time: Submit resume here (cliff.drake [at] cmom [dot] com).