Programs & Events
Week of the Young Child
April 16, 2018, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
We will be celebrating the Week of the Young Child with a different emphasis each day of the week: Music Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Work Together Wednesday, Artsy Thursday and Family Friday. Come dance, sing, learn about fitness, join in construction projects, be a part of larger-than-life art projects and enjoy the talents of master storytellers.
There will be an event at the top of each hour throughout the week. Make your plans to attend now. Included with membership admission.
Music Monday: Sing, Dance, Celebrate and Learn
- 10 a.m. - Mommy and Me Dance and Mrs. Toni Mason from Dazzle Creative Dance and Movement
- 10:30 a.m. - Creative Movement and Dance with Dazzle Creative Dance and Movement
- 11 a.m. - Overton High School Quartets (Wind and String) plus Overton Vocal Ensemble
- 1 p.m. - Violin Demonstration by Lori Sykes
Tasty Tuesday: Healthy Eating and Fitness
- 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Kid Fitness with Healthy Kids and Teens plus Healthy Snack - Kid Cooking Demos
Work Together Wednesday: Work Together, Build Together, Learn Together
- 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. - Construction Zone - Hands-On Pop-Up Room
Artsy Thursday: Thin, Problem Solve, Create
- 10 a.m. - Abstract Painting with Angela Myers
- 11 a.m. - Alcohol Ink with Whitney Winkler
- 12 p.m. - Foot Paintings and Glitter Palooza
- 1 p.m. - 901 Rocks plus Shaving Cream Paintings
Family Friday: Sharing Family Stories
- 10 a.m. - Storytelling with Mrs. Elaine Blanchard
- 11 a.m. - Les Passes Puppet Show
- 1 p.m. - Memphis Challenge Student Storytellers